January, 2019: Chester County Hospital is raising awareness about organ, eye and tissue Donation. President and CEO, Mike Duncan explains how you can make a difference here. Mike Duncan Letter_1.18.19 (002)
Visit www.registerme.org to designate yourself as an organ donor, if you have not already done so.
Facts and Figures
Organ & Tissue Donation Fast Facts
- 20 people die each day waiting for an organ transplant.
- There are more than 5,300 men, women and children in our region awaiting a life-saving organ transplant.
- Nationally, there are approximately 115,000 people waiting for an organ transplant.
- Just one organ donor can save up to eight lives, and one tissue donor can benefit as many as 75 others.
- Every 10 minutes, another person is added to the national transplant waiting list.
- 82% of patients waiting for a life-saving transplant are waiting for a kidney.
You can give the gift of life! Register to me an organ and tissue donor today at registerme.org.