Coronavirus: General Information and Business Resources
WHAT EMPLOYERS AND EMPLOYEES NEED TO KNOW:
Center for Disease Control Information:
- Find Guidance for Businesses and Employers from the CDC here
- Explore the main CDC website regarding the Coronavirus here
- Follow the CDC Twitter account here
- Follow the CDC Facebook page here
US Chamber Coronavirus Updates
- Explore the main Coronavirus updates page on the US Chamber website for current information on travel advisories, the economy, and more
TOOLKIT OF RESOURCES:
- Guidance For Employers – Click here to download guidance for employers to plan and respond to the Coronavirus
- Workplace Tips – For workplace tips and resources for employers to combat the virus, please click here.
- Resilience in a Box – If your business needs help putting a plan in place, click here to use the U.S. Chamber Foundation’s toolkit created in partnership with the UPS foundation.
- More Resources – For more resources, including consolidated, business-specific guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), please click here.
Coronavirus: Legal & Economic Insight and Business Guidance
(Section updated on 3/21 at 8pm)
Governor Tom Wolf orders shutdown of non-life-sustaining businesses as of 3/21. What that means:
- READ: his order here – WAIVER EXTENSION, REVISED TIMING OF ENFORCEMENT: Monday, March 23 at 8:00 AM
- READ: the comprehensive list of industries and companies here (UPDATED ON 3/21 at 5:45pm Eastern Time)
- READ: PA Chamber, The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia and Greater Pittsburgh Chamber of Commerce Joint Statement on Wolf Administration’s Modification of COVID-19 Emergency Order to Close “Non-Life-Sustaining” Businesses (NEW as of 3/20)
Any business that would like to seek a waiver from this order can email RAfirstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, if businesses need to know whether they should close they can contact the Administration at email@example.com.
Restaurants who are offering takeout are not impacted by this new policy and can continue that way of serving food. Just no dine-in.
Hotels are also included as essential and do NOT need to close.
What Employers Need To Know Regarding the Coronavirus Legislative Response:
Information for Workers Impacted by Covid-19 on Unemployment & Workers’ Compensation:
Coronavirus: Small Business Resources
We are working on compiling small business resources as our members send them. Keep checking back for updates and more.
Local Lending Institutions:
During a temporary cash flow shortage, your local bank may be your fastest avenue to accessing a line of credit or working capital term loan. Banks that are familiar with SBA 7a lending also have access to bank guaranteed loans that can be utilized for small business working capital needs. If you already have a local lending officer, we encourage your small business to inquire about options available directly through your local bank partner.
SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans
As of 4:00 pm on March 19, 2020 all small businesses in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania are eligible to apply.
- Up to $2 million to each small business to help them overcome temporary loss of revenue
- Phase I: Up to the lesser of $500,000 or 50% of last year’s gross profit; credit score based;
- Phase II: Up to an additional $1,500,000 based upon further loan underwriting;
- Term: Up to 30 years for most loan requests with an initial 12 month payment deferral;
- Interest Rate: 3.75% fixed for businesses / 2.75% fixed for not-for-profits
- Collateral: Subordinate lien positions on real estate and other business assets;
- Before you Apply: Applicants will be asked to upload completed forms as part of the application. To save time, download and complete application forms here: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Information/PaperForms
- To Apply: When you have your application information ready, apply and upload here: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela
- Need Help: Call the SBA EIDL call center: 1-800-659-2955
Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority:
The Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority is considering additional options for Pennsylvania Small Businesses. Those resource options are being reviewed in Harrisburg and are not yet available at this time. Please check back for further updates.
- EDC Finance Borrower Information
- Surviving the Coronavirus – Resources for Small Businesses
- Coronavirus – Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
Coronavirus: Chamber Event Updates
CLOSURE OF CHAMBER BUILDING
At the current time, the Chamber will be processing Certificates of Origin by appointment only. Those who need certificates processed should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All meetings scheduled to be held in the building have been cancelled and/or transitioned to remote or call-in meetings. Outside rentals have been cancelled or postponed.
Please call 484-757-0516 if you need to speak to someone about events, membership, paying invoices or general questions.