Businesses are still seeing social media campaigns as being among the top digital PR tactics during the coronavirus pandemic according to a new report conducted by Fractl and Buzz Stream. Even more so than ever, businesses need to communicate any COVID-19-related changes that may have occurred to their customers. Now we are seeing 1 in 4 business owners increased their digital PR spending during the pandemic, and 71.6% of business owners found digital PR very or extremely important in the age of COVID-19. Twenty-six percent of business owners went on to say that digital PR efforts helped their business stay open during the pandemic. https://www.buzzstream.com/blog/perceptions-of-digital-pr.html
In a recent article in Forbes, Digital Campaigns are no longer just an extra tactic to have in your marketing strategy. It needs to be considered and often prioritized at every step of the planning process. It is important that you maintain a Social Media Calendar and have a mix of different outreaches because your clients all don’t prefer one way of getting information from you. There are many different Digital Campaigns you can consider:
- Social advertising – an example is advertising through Facebook, a cost-effective way to bring brand awareness
- Blogs – a way for businesses to communicate, educate, and inform clients as well as offer personal thoughts.
- Email Marketing Campaigns – using email to target customers or prospects. A successful email marketing campaignwill get the recipients to act, engage with your business, and help you to get more leads and sales.
- Written and Video Content – have a mix of written content and video content. Video content shows 38% more engagement on social media than text-copy without a visual component
- Podcasts – combines interviews with global experts, together with the latest news, tools, strategies and techniques to give your digital marketingthe edge. Aims to be both entertaining and informative.
As more people are spending more time at home using the internet it is very important that businesses maintain a better online presence. You will see that it will bring new clients to businesses and help to engage existing customers. It is important that business owners know the importance of digital PR, and are they maintaining enough budgets for an in-house or external team. I hope that you find this information to be helpful. Would love to learn more about your Social Media Strategy. Please continue to stay safe and practice social distancing. Feel free to contact me, would love to hear from you!
Margherita C. Amplo
President, MCA Consultants
YouTube: MCA Consultants
MCA Consulting Services, LLC.